Page last updated on Friday, 10-May-2013 11:08:04 BST
Welcome to Godshill Village Website
The village of Godshill is a dispersed settlement of around 210 households nestled on the Western Escarpment of the New Forest National Park in the north-western corner.
The village retains strong links with Commoning traditions, and remains a working Forest village.
There are also a relatively high number of younger people within the population.
Much of the physical area of the parish is Crown Land being open forest.
The village itself has a large holiday centre at Sandy Balls, a village hall which is a village hub, the Fighting Cocks pub and the parish church of St Giles.
There is a shop within Sandy Balls and another in the nearby village of Woodgreen.
The small market town of Fordingbridge lies at a distance of 2 miles offers a range of shopping, leisure, health and other facilities to residents and visitors.
Godshill is a major gateway to the attractions of the New Forest, and is also convenient for visiting Salisbury to the north and Bournemouth to the south.
Please take a look around this website managed by the parish council for the village.
Use the links at the top or bottom of the page, or the links on the right hand side to see what our New Forest village of Godshill, and the surrounding area has to offer.
Microsoft Internet Explorer 7 Users
If you are having problems viewing parts of our website, please can you download the latest version of Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 by following this link to the Microsoft Website. Thank you.
Related Internet Links:
- Hampshire County Council
- New Forest District Council
- New Forest National Park Authority
- Verderers of the New Forest
Godshill Parish Council is not responsible for the content of external internet sites listed within this page or within this section
- News - Contaminated drugs alert after deaths
- Agenda - 13 May 2013 Annual Meeting of the Parish Council
- News - Appeal after four men injured in New Forest collision
- News - Crack down on rural crime
- Minutes - 12 March 2013 (PDF)
- Advice for Residents on Ash Trees and Chalara Ash Dieback (PDF)
- Godshill Parish Council response to Hampshire Minerals and Waste plan (PDF 24Kb)
- Dogs on your land (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Publication Scheme updated (PDF)
- Parish Council Priorities (PDF file size 89Kb)