Page last updated on Friday, 27-Mar-2015 11:09:37 GMT
Welcome to Godshill Village Website
More details about Parish/Town Council and District elections are available here
Results of Parish Poll
A poll was taken on Friday 12 December 2014, the results of which are here as a PDF
Godshill's Litter Pick
Godshill's annual Litter Pick will be held on Sunday 29th March at 10:00. Please bring litter pickers and gloves if you have them (some can be provided). All are welcome, the more the merrier, and the less time it will take. Meet at the bench opposite the Fighting Cocks. For further information please contact Sara Boyd 01425 650360.
The village of Godshill is a dispersed settlement of around 210 households nestled on the Western Escarpment of the New Forest National Park in the north-western corner.
The village retains strong links with Commoning traditions, and remains a working Forest village.
There are also a relatively high number of younger people within the population.
Much of the physical area of the parish is Crown Land being open forest.
The village itself has a large holiday centre at Sandy Balls, a village hall which is a village hub, the Fighting Cocks pub and the parish church of St Giles.
There is a shop within Sandy Balls and another in the nearby village of Woodgreen.
The small market town of Fordingbridge lies at a distance of 2 miles offers a range of shopping, leisure, health and other facilities to residents and visitors.
Godshill is a major gateway to the attractions of the New Forest, and is also convenient for visiting Salisbury to the north and Bournemouth to the south.
Please take a look around this website managed by the parish council for the village.
Ready for Flooding - information and advice, before, during and after (PDF)
Related Internet Links:
- Hampshire County Council
- New Forest District Council
- New Forest National Park Authority
- Verderers of the New Forest
Godshill Parish Council is not responsible for the content of external internet sites listed within this page or within this section
- Agenda - 10 March 2015 (PDF)
- Calendar of Meetings for 2015
- Minutes - Parish Council - 13 January (PDF)
- News - Get into gear for driver skills workshop
- Advice for Residents on Ash Trees and Chalara Ash Dieback (PDF)
- Godshill Parish Council response to Hampshire Minerals and Waste plan (PDF 24Kb)
- Dogs on your land (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Publication Scheme updated (PDF)
- Parish Council Priorities (PDF file size 89Kb)