Page last updated on Friday, 07-Mar-2014 11:17:21 GMT
Welcome to Godshill Village Website
The village of Godshill is a dispersed settlement of around 210 households nestled on the Western Escarpment of the New Forest National Park in the north-western corner.
The village retains strong links with Commoning traditions, and remains a working Forest village.
There are also a relatively high number of younger people within the population.
Much of the physical area of the parish is Crown Land being open forest.
The village itself has a large holiday centre at Sandy Balls, a village hall which is a village hub, the Fighting Cocks pub and the parish church of St Giles.
There is a shop within Sandy Balls and another in the nearby village of Woodgreen.
The small market town of Fordingbridge lies at a distance of 2 miles offers a range of shopping, leisure, health and other facilities to residents and visitors.
Godshill is a major gateway to the attractions of the New Forest, and is also convenient for visiting Salisbury to the north and Bournemouth to the south.
Please take a look around this website managed by the parish council for the village.
Ready for Flooding - information and advice, before, during and after (PDF)
Related Internet Links:
- Hampshire County Council
- New Forest District Council
- New Forest National Park Authority
- Verderers of the New Forest
Godshill Parish Council is not responsible for the content of external internet sites listed within this page or within this section
- News - Campsite barbecue danger
- News - Who’s watching you in the car park this Easter?
- Country Watch - 11 April (PDF)
- Agenda - 8 April 2014 (PDF)
- Minutes - 11 Feb 2014 (PDF)
- Calendar of Meetings for 2014
- Advice for Residents on Ash Trees and Chalara Ash Dieback (PDF)
- Godshill Parish Council response to Hampshire Minerals and Waste plan (PDF 24Kb)
- Dogs on your land (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Publication Scheme updated (PDF)
- Parish Council Priorities (PDF file size 89Kb)