Page last updated on Monday, 17-Nov-2014 09:40:02 GMT
Welcome to Godshill Village Website
New Forest Management Plan Update: proposed actions 2015-20
Call for Views - More information (PDF)
Floral Designs for Christmas
One day workshop at Godshill Village Hall
on 29 November 2014
More details (PDF)
Christmas Coffee Morning Godshill Village coffee morning on Wednesday December 10th 10.30am - 11.45am enjoy coffee and a chat in our festively decorated hall all proceeds to the Village Hall.
The village of Godshill is a dispersed settlement of around 210 households nestled on the Western Escarpment of the New Forest National Park in the north-western corner.
The village retains strong links with Commoning traditions, and remains a working Forest village.
There are also a relatively high number of younger people within the population.
Much of the physical area of the parish is Crown Land being open forest.
The village itself has a large holiday centre at Sandy Balls, a village hall which is a village hub, the Fighting Cocks pub and the parish church of St Giles.
There is a shop within Sandy Balls and another in the nearby village of Woodgreen.
The small market town of Fordingbridge lies at a distance of 2 miles offers a range of shopping, leisure, health and other facilities to residents and visitors.
Godshill is a major gateway to the attractions of the New Forest, and is also convenient for visiting Salisbury to the north and Bournemouth to the south.
Please take a look around this website managed by the parish council for the village.
Ready for Flooding - information and advice, before, during and after (PDF)
Related Internet Links:
- Hampshire County Council
- New Forest District Council
- New Forest National Park Authority
- Verderers of the New Forest
Godshill Parish Council is not responsible for the content of external internet sites listed within this page or within this section
- Agenda - 11 November Parish Council (PDF)
- Agenda - 11 November Public Meeting (PDF)
- News - Leave your lights on at home
- Country Watch - 14 November (PDF)
- News - Call for views updating actions in the New Forest National Park Management Plan
- News - Don’t be a Victim: Simple steps to get safe online
- Minutes - Parish Council - 9 September (PDF)
- News - Switch on your bike lights
- News - Dedicated resource to reduce animal accidents on roads in the New Forest
- Calendar of Meetings for 2014
- Advice for Residents on Ash Trees and Chalara Ash Dieback (PDF)
- Godshill Parish Council response to Hampshire Minerals and Waste plan (PDF 24Kb)
- Dogs on your land (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Publication Scheme updated (PDF)
- Parish Council Priorities (PDF file size 89Kb)