Page last updated on Monday, 25-Jun-2012 09:56:24 BST
We meet at Sandy Balls on Wednesday afternoons every fortnight.
Our two raisons d’etre are to raise money for various charities, and to give experience to anyone who can play a jazz instrument.
We have a core rhythm section but we are now anxiously seeking some more players to join us.
You don’t have to be very experienced - just give us a call on the number above.
Our Musical Director is Stephen Godsall, and I (Derek Ayling) do all the publicity and organising.
Over the years we have been very successful in raising money and at playing free of charge for various local charity events. .
This year we have played at such prestigious events as the
- Countess Mountbatten Hospice in Southampton
- Verwood Rustic Fair
- the Great Dorset Steam Fair
- the Romsey Beggars’ Fayre.
This has become an annual event in our calendar.
We played at the “Fordingbridge Late Night Shopping” on December 10th. - Click on the image opposite to see a larger photograph of the boys and girls performing in Fordingbridge.
We very much look forward to new members coming along and joining our group.
You can find out more by visiting our website: Del-BoizzJazzatazz
Related Internet Links:
- Hampshire County Council
- New Forest District Council
- New Forest Jazz Workshop
- New Forest National Park Authority
- Verderers of the New Forest
Godshill Parish Council is not responsible for the content of external internet sites listed within this page or within this section
- News - Contaminated drugs alert after deaths
- Agenda - 13 May 2013 Annual Meeting of the Parish Council
- News - Appeal after four men injured in New Forest collision
- News - Crack down on rural crime
- Minutes - 12 March 2013 (PDF)
- Advice for Residents on Ash Trees and Chalara Ash Dieback (PDF)
- Godshill Parish Council response to Hampshire Minerals and Waste plan (PDF 24Kb)
- Dogs on your land (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Publication Scheme updated (PDF)
- Parish Council Priorities (PDF file size 89Kb)