Page last updated on Monday, 28-May-2012 14:05:50 BST
Recycling, Rubbish and Waste
- Some household recycling and rubbish collection days will be changing in October. Find out more.
Recycling Centres are located in frequently used locations around the New Forest. They have one or more of the recycling facilities:
- Glass bottle and jar bank
- Paper bank
- Mixed cans / plastic bank
- Book bank
- Textile bank
Local Recycling Centres
- A338 Slip Road Car Park Bridge Street
- Bartons Road Car Park Bartons Road Fordingbridge
- Council Offices Provost Street Fordingbridge
- Sandy Ball Holiday Park Roger Penny Way Godshill
- Social Club Hungerford Hill Hyde
- Tudor Rose Inn Salisbury Road Fordingbridge
Household Waste Recycling Centres (HWRCs)
Residents may use these sites to dispose of a wider range of household items, which cannot be collected in the household refuse and recycling kerbside collections. Items may include household furniture, electrical goods, garden waste and wood. HWRCs in the New Forest also have sales areas to encourage the reuse of items that are in good condition.
|Centre||Opening Hours||Items you can take to the site|
08:00 - 16:00 all year round
Car batteries,engine oil, cardboard, asbestos, clothing, fridges, freezers, furniture, garden waste, gas bottles, glass, metal, newspapers, magazines, soil, rubble, wood, electrical goods, paint - water based
08:00 - 19:00 1 April to 30 Sept
Car batteries, engine oil, cardboard, clothing, fridges, freezers, furniture, gas bottles, glass, metal, newspapers, magazines, soil, rubble, wood, electrical goods, paint - water based
08:00 - 19:00 1 April to 30 Sept
Batteries, car batteries and engine oil, cardboard, clothing, fridges and freezers, fluorescent tubes, furniture, garden waste, gas bottles, glass, metal, newspapers and magazines, soil and rubble, white spirit, insecticides, antifreeze and pesticides, wood, electrical goods, paint - water based,or hazardous, pesticides.
There are other HWRCs across Hampshire. View the locations and a list of accepted waste on the Hampshire County Council website. http://www3.hants.gov.uk/waste-and-recycling/hwrcs-2.htm
These sites are operated by Hampshire County Council and are for the use of residents only. The HWRCs will not accept waste from trade or commercial businesses.
If you use a van, pick up or large trailer to transport your household waste, you will need to apply for a permit before using any of the HWRCs. More details on how to apply for a permit can be found here.
Related Internet Links:
- Hampshire County Council waste and recycling information
- New Forest District Council waste and recycling information
Godshill Parish Council is not responsible for the content of external internet sites listed within this page or within this section
- News - New warning to be 'tick aware'
- News - Contaminated drugs alert after deaths
- News - Appeal after four men injured in New Forest collision
- News - Crack down on rural crime
- Minutes - 12 March 2013 (PDF)
- Advice for Residents on Ash Trees and Chalara Ash Dieback (PDF)
- Godshill Parish Council response to Hampshire Minerals and Waste plan (PDF 24Kb)
- Dogs on your land (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Publication Scheme updated (PDF)
- Parish Council Priorities (PDF file size 89Kb)