Page last updated on Monday, 28-May-2012 14:06:09 BST
Litter Action Godshill
In response to public complaints of littering, Godshill Parish Council has set up and supports Litter Action Godshill.
The Parish Council intends to support an ongoing campaign through:
• Supporting community litter pickers through provision of insurance and appropriate equipment including litter grabbers, high-visibility vests, refuse bags and strong gloves.
• Settting up a community litter group, Litter Action Godshill.
• Appointing a Litter Warden
• Asking local businesses to support the campaign
• Continuing to help educate residents and visitors to look after our environment through our newsletter and website.
• Continuing membership of CPRE
Local Business Supporters of Litter Action Godshill
Chapelfield Camping, see more at http://www.chapelfieldcampsite.co.uk/
What is the website litteraction.org? It is a resource to help individuals and local groups organize cleanup drives and awareness-raising educational activities in their local area. The site’s all about inspiring you to work together with others in your local community to clean it up, making the area where you live a better place to be. As well as being a free-standing resource, the site links to CPRE’s Stop the Drop campaign, and can be used by supporters to take local practical action.
STOP THE DROP!
CPRE’s Stop the Drop campaign tackles the litter and fly-tipping problem that is despoiling our beautiful countryside. It’s headed by CPRE president and author Bill Bryson, a passionate anti-litter campaigner and champion of the countryside.
At a local level, supporters of the campaign can get involved by organizing their own litter pick or joining a local litter volunteer group through litteraction.org.uk.
Supporters can pledge to Stop the Drop, joining CPRE in lobbying local authorities, government and other bodies legally responsible for keeping land litter-free.
Through these various campaigning actions CPRE aim to demonstrate to Government and other authorities the strength of support behind Stop the Drop. See more at http://www.cpre.org.uk/campaigns/stop-the-drop
Related Internet Links:
- Chapelfield Camping
- Hampshire Association of Local Councils
- Hampshire County Council
- Litter Action Godshill
- New Forest District Council
- New Forest National Park Authority
- Verderers of the New Forest
Godshill Parish Council is not responsible for the content of external internet sites listed within this page or within this section
- News - New warning to be 'tick aware'
- News - Contaminated drugs alert after deaths
- News - Appeal after four men injured in New Forest collision
- News - Crack down on rural crime
- Minutes - 12 March 2013 (PDF)
- Advice for Residents on Ash Trees and Chalara Ash Dieback (PDF)
- Godshill Parish Council response to Hampshire Minerals and Waste plan (PDF 24Kb)
- Dogs on your land (PDF)
- Freedom of Information Publication Scheme updated (PDF)
- Parish Council Priorities (PDF file size 89Kb)